Our Federal Government Client is seeking to enhance its reporting and analytics by engaging a BI Visual Analytics Developer to assist them in achieving their agenda of making changes to those in our community who are in need or less fortunate. Through this enhanced reporting capability the internal business teams will have improved visibility over their pipeline of work, performance and drive a culture of data driven decision-making.
Your future team:
You will be part of the Enterprise Reporting Platforms team responsible for building, delivering and maintaining comprehensive suite of reporting. As the report developer you will work with the business areas through the Account Management teams to develop and maintain the suite of reporting.
Your day to day:
You will use the Enterprise Data Warehouse data and working with the Business Analysis team, extract and manipulate data and prepare it to be visualised using commercial data transformation and visualisation tools. You will gain an understanding of business' processes and needs, and translate these into data tables. You will also engage with the stakeholders to ensure they are informed on the progress, ensure the project flows through the development pipeline and assist in removing any blockers.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Develop and deliver high quality reporting products ensuring they meet user stories & acceptance criteria
- Manage reporting projects - stand ups, managing workflow, providing technical support and input
- Develop reports according to:
o Reporting archetypes set in place by the Business Analysis Team,
o Style guides, User Experience and Accessibility Standards of the Platforms team and
o Coding and Technical Standards.
- With user stories as a guide, convert raw data into visualisations enabling insights driven business actions
- Ensure all report products are tested and documented, and releases have change notes and documentation
Skills and Experience needed:
- Strong SQL and/or SAS Skills
- Solid experience in Business Intelligence/ Data arena.
- Experience in SAS Viya, Tableau, Qlikview or similar
- Experience with testing and validating data
- Designing products with accessibility and user experience in mind
- Demonstrable knowledge of CI/CD Practices, Project tracking software - JIRA, version control - eg GIT, Bitbucket
Eligibility: This role is open to all with the right to work in Australia - Permanent Residents are encouraged to apply.
Location: Surry Hills NSW / Contract: 12 months + 12 month option / day rate based on a 7.5 hour day
Apply now! For more information contact our Client Manager Iain Cameron or one of our consultants on 0262010100