About the Role:
Our client is a prominent research and learning university, seeking a Security Architect to work consult with the project stakeholders, technology, and business owners to ensure information assets, technology, applications, systems, infrastructure and processes are adequately protected.
A key focus of this role will be to assess risks introduced by technological or process driven solutions and provide reasonable mitigation strategies for these risks.
What your day will look like:
- Perform threat assessment to identify security threat need to be addressed/mitigated
- Develop high-level and detailed security requirements relating to project initiatives
- Review high level and detailed solution design to ensure compliance with policies and standards
- Define security testing scope and engage external testing provider to deliver security testing for the initiative
- Review security testing outputs, recommend and prioritise security gaps remediation
- Perform security control and risk assessments of third-party vendors including cloud service providers
What you will need:
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to communicate cybersecurity and risk concepts
- Expertise in Security design, architecture and consulting including reviewing emerging technologies and designing/implementing security controls for different solutions.
- Exp. consulting to projects and engineering robust solutions to complex business problems
- Extensive experience in conducting methodical, detailed security assessments of vendors and technologies, especially cloud-based services.
- Extensive experience working in AWS and Azure Cloud environments
- Detailed knowledge of relevant cybersecurity standards and guidelines such as ISO/IEC 27001, NIST Cybersecurity Framework, ASD ISM, ASD Strategies to Mitigate Cyber Security Incidents and the ASD Essential Eight.
- Security management certification, such as CISSP, CISA, SANS, SABSA etc. are desirable
Apply Now: For more information contact Erin or speak with one of our team on 0386139999.