Our Federal Government client is seeking a Data Analyst/Scientist to work in their Health Economics and Research Division, which is the central hub for the Department's data analytics, modelling, health and medical research, health economics, performance measurement and evaluation capabilities.
This specific project will create regularly reporting linked analytical outputs using supplementary high-quality socio-demographic data held in the Multi-Agency Data Integration Project (MADIP) and the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR). It will also examine a variety of ad hoc requests and longer-term research questions, including those related to vaccine effectiveness and safety.
- Weekly reporting - updating weekly vaccination coverage reports with refreshed data. Modifying weekly reports in response to evolving priorities and requirements.
- Ad hoc analysis - using a range of data analytics, data science and data presentation techniques to provide insights in response to ad hoc requests and queries. Requirements aren't necessarily clear; creativity and strong problem-solving skills are necessary.
- Producing high quality reports, slide decks, visualisations and dashboards (they use Qlik Sense, but experience using other BI tools is helpful)
- Collaborating with a range of stakeholders to refine business requirements. A track record of working well with others is necessary.
- Ability to deliver high quality work under high pressure with tight timeframes is necessary.
In this role, you will need:
- Strong conceptual, problem solving, research and analytical skills including interpreting information and data as well as a high level of data modelling skills.
- Solid written communication skills and capacity to produce high quality policy papers, briefings and reports with attention to detail.
- High level interpersonal skills, with the ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently with limited guidance, and to prioritise tasks to meet tight deadlines as well as work in a team when required.
- Demonstrated policy and/or project management skills, including policy and/or project development, implementation, communication and risk management.
- Experience in Microsoft Excel and/or programming languages for modelling, data analysis (e.g. SAS, R, Python and SQL etc.), and visualisation tools (e.g. Qlik, Tableau, etc.).
- University qualifications in data science, maths, statistics, actuarial studies, econometrics or economics or other similar areas
Eligibility: This role is in a Federal Government environment and the client is limited to accepting Australian Citizens with a current Baseline Security Clearance.
Contract: 3 months + 18 month options / Location: Woden + some WFH
For further information: Please contact GMT People on 0262010100 & speak with Iain, or with one of our Consultants.