About the role:
Our client is a research and learning University currently into its 3rd year developing the capability to integrate with Internet of Things (IoT) devices to collect and centrally store data for analytics and insights using the foundational platform (AWS, LoRaWAN, Dell Boomi).
They are seeking an IOT Engineer who has hands-on experience configuring off-the shelf devices - not building devices.
You'll enhance, develop, and champion the University's IOT platform, drive innovation, and deliver system enhancements whilst helping execute the development of the IOT roadmap and strategy.
What you will need for success:
- Experience coordinating large-scale, cross-organisational IoT and Smart city / building initiatives with multiple stakeholders in complex technical environments.
Considerable experience with and knowledge of current IoT technologies, including:
- Physical IOT devices
- AWS IoT platform technologies (e.g. IoT Core, Device Management, Greengrass, FreeRTOS etc.)
- Connection mediums (LORAWAN, ThethingsNetwork, NB-IoT, Wireless, Bluetooth)
- Experience with Edge Gateways, edge devices and deployment patterns
- Knowledge of Microservices & cloud data platforms
- Subject matter expertise with IOT protocols such as MQTT.
- Experience working with highly integrated API driven technical environments
In addition to:
- Well-developed consultancy skills; ability facilitating workshops and building consensus around the pain points and tactics, and presenting findings back to stakeholders.
- Broad understanding of emerging technology trends in the IoT arena.
- DevOPS / Agile delivery experience
Duration: 6 month contract to start / Location: Melbourne - flexible work from home policy
For more information speak with our Client Manager Erin Myers 0262010106 or one of our Consultants 0386139999.