Experience Designer - Think outside the box to design impactful and immersive govt services using Human Centred Design principles.
Contract: 13 months + 2 x 24 month extension options | Location: Brisbane CBD or Canberra CBD
About the Role:
Our client is a government agency embarking on a (7 year) transformation program to replace around 90 systems as part of a core IT systems overhaul to improve user functionality, process, and security.
They are seeking an Experience Designer who thinks differently about the work they do, can visually present their ideas, and can deliver improvements to end users.
What your day will look like:
- Design and deliver communication material, journey maps, service blueprints, customer segmentation, personas, reports, concepts, or prototyping. (Tools: Adobe CC, Visio)
- Design and facilitate workshops and interviews.
- Partner with stakeholder groups and foster a productive environment
- Analyse and improve UX, taking the viewpoint of the user.
You will need a thorough understanding of service design process and activities, and significant experience in applying human-centred design thinking.
What you will need for success:
- 2+ years' experience as a UX Designer, Service Designer or experience in Design/Strategy/Research
- Exp. with tools such as Figma, Adobe Creative Cloud, Sketch, PowerPoint, Axure etc.
- Ability to facilitate user interviews, eliciting both high level and detailed business problems
- Develop / implement strategic service design
- Experience taking the viewpoint of the user then analysing and improving a user's experience or user's journey when interacting with services
- Commonwealth frameworks, including ICT frameworks and Resource Management
- User Experience i.e prototyping, wireframes, journey mapping
- Human-Centred Design methods and frameworks
Eligibility: This role is available to Australian citizens due to security requirements.
Duration: Contract to 30 June 2022 + 2 x 24 month extension options / Location: Brisbane CBD or Canberra CBD
For more information please contact GMT People and speak with our Senior Client Manager Erin or speak with one of our team on: Brisbane 07 33095600 / Canberra 02 62010100