Work in either Melbourne, Brisbane, Sydney or Canberra.
As a Finance Analyst, with our Fed Gov Client within the aviation sector, you will be responsible for managing the Financial Control and Reporting Framework and will be required to develop and monitor financial plans, ensuring key financial tasks are undertaken within corporate timeframes and financial priorities within the ENMP Program.
You will be required to deliver all financial month end activities in collaboration with the Client's procedures.
Implement and improve the Financial Control and Reporting Framework for the ENMP Program in
conjunction with organisational financial policies and guidance. This includes:
- Month-end accounting process for the ENMP Program including Project and Program forecasts, complex contract financial forecast updates and variance analysis.
- Financial reporting processes to provide appropriate levels of reporting to various stakeholders including the Head of ENMP, Chief Financial Officer, and various Boards.
- Development of ENMP Program financial plans/budgets/forecasts including annual OPEX/CAPEX plans, 5-year Capital Expenditure Plan as required by the Corporate Financial Plan.
- Develop and manage the financial controls for the ENMP program budget.
- Manage project accounting processes to ensure relevant costs are appropriately recorded as
Assets Under Construction (AUC) with consultation with Finance Team, including:
- Determine the correct way of splitting CAPEX and OPEX.
- Development and management of asset allocation model to ensure all costs are accurately attributed to relevant assets.
Manage the financial aspects of Vendor contracts including:
- Owning the Managed Service Provider (MSP) pricing schedule and early termination payment schedule and ensuring all dispersements to the MSP are in accordance with same.
- Establishing and management of milestone payments.
Skills and Experience:
- At least 4 -5 years experience in Financial Analysis or similar role
- Tertiary qualification in accounting, finance or related discipline
- In-depth knowledge and experience in accounting practices, particularly with respect to budgeting, forecasting and reporting on large programs with budgets over $100m and experience with tracking Vendor contract payments.
- Well-developed management abilities, including a proven ability to successfully manage a range of financial activities.
- Well-developed interpersonal, representation and communication skills.
- Demonstrated resilience and adaptability in coping with pressures and setbacks that will arise in a complex program.
- Demonstrated ability to work productively in a dynamic and high pressure environment to deliver quality results and meet customer expectations in a professional and timely manner.
- Proven ability to transition strategic thinking to operational practice and process - including the commitment to continuous improvement of business processes.
- CPA/CA membership or progression towards completion.
- Highly skilled in use of Microsoft Excel, COGNOS TM1 and Microsoft Power BI.
- Prior use of SAP (R/3, BW and BPC).
- Must have Australian Citizenship and Work Rights and be able to obtain approval of a nationally coordinated criminal history check to be issued with a Aviation Security Identification Card (AIC or ASIC).
Apply Now! For further information please call our client manager Iain Cameron 0262010108 or one of our Consultants on 0262010100/ 0386139999