Our client is a small Government agency, seeking an experienced Infrastructure Engineer to join the Information Technology Services (ITS) team, to provide daily operational/BAU ICT support.
The candidate will be required to:
- Support a variety of Windows Servers, SQL Servers, backup tools, support tools and virtual infrastructure
- Deploy Applications and Operating systems using Microsoft System Center and VMWare vSphere
- Configure security products such as Windows Defender, Microsoft AppLocker and Windows Defender Application Control;
- Automate Support Tasks using PowerShell, System Center Configuration Manager and other automation tools
- Provide technical support to resolve incidents and service requests effectively, promptly and courteously
- Assist with the integration of cloud services into the client environment
- Operate in an environment compliant with the ACSC Information Security Manual
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in the support and integration of End User Computing ICT infrastructure, Windows Server infrastructure, and Virtualisation Infrastructure.
- Experience automating systems, tasks and processes to reduce the overall support burden.
- Experience working in an ACSC ISM-compliant environment with a security-first outlook on deploying, configuring and managing systems, with an understanding of the ITIL processes being highly desirable.
- Knowledge and familiarity with IaaS, PaaS and SaaS offerings from cloud and managed service providers.
- Proven client service experience in an Engineering or Consulting role with highly effective written and oral communication skills to enable you to communicate with influence to people at all levels.
Given the environment you will need to have a current federal government NV1 or higher security clearance
Apply now/Contact Details:
If this sounds like you, we will be pleased to receive your application.
If you require further information please contact Iain or the GMT Team on 0262010100