Intelligence/Research Analyst - Gather open-source intelligence on biosecurity, compliance & environment issues. Conduct training.
Contract: to 30 June 2021 with up to 24 months extension | Location: Canberra ACT
Our client is seeking an Intelligence/Research Analyst to assist gather open-source intelligence on biosecurity, compliance and environment issues using specialised tools. A range of users across the department and external clients use these systems for monitoring daily media and other open-source information.
This information is wide range including biosecurity pest/disease status across the globe, government initiatives and policy announcements impacting trade/market access and research etc. The work involves supporting the users and IT systems alongside pro-active web monitoring for timely collection, analysis and deciphering of intelligence to relevant areas.
- Highly skilled web sleuth with good media monitoring
- and open-source information gathering experience
- Ability to develop and conduct training activities/workshops
- Strong research/analytical skills / develop tailored intelligence products
- Good liaison and negotiation skills / build strong working relationships
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in IT technical, user testing and web-support
Eligibility: This role is in a Federal Government environment and Applicants must be Australian Citizens to apply for this role.
For more information: Please contact GMT People and speak with our Senior Client Manager Keith 03 86139999 or with one of our team members 02 62010100