About the Role:
Our client is a government agency seeking to add a dynamic and highly motivated IT Support Officer to their team.
You'll be front and centre of a busy service desk, and provide high quality, responsive, courteous and timely 1st and 2nd level IT support to members and staff of the Agency.
- Being available to adequately cover Service Desk functions as rostered/required
- Monitoring and managing IT support requests - phone and face to face
- Ensuring issues are documented correctly and resolved in a timely fashion
- Communicating technical information to non-technical members and staff
- Test, install and maintain computers, peripherals, videoconferencing, office equipment, software, logs and security systems as required.
- Maintain and monitor backup procedures, communications and security systems.
What you'll need for success:
- Prior experience providing 2nd level IT support in a Microsoft environment - Essential.
- Understanding of networking.
- Experience installing and trouble-shooting PCs and peripherals
- Strong customer service focus
- Understanding of the need to follow up to ensure clients are satisfied and to keep them informed of the progress of any issues logged
- Ability to document solutions and communicate solutions to the rest of the Information technology team
- Ability to prioritise work and cope with multiple demands
- Tertiary qualifications in Information Technology are highly desirable
- Industry related training and qualifications
Eligibility: Candidates must be Australian citizens to apply due to security clearance requirements.
Contract Duration: 6 months + 3 x 6 months extension options / Location: Brisbane CBD (Ann Street)
For more information contact the client manager Erin on 0733095600 or 0262010100.