Our client is currently seeking a Network Engineer with a strong understanding of operating system and open source application support. A self-starter able to work under pressure, and independently under limited guidance but comfortable working in a team environment.
You will be a key member of a small team responsible for maintaining critical systems and applications and supporting platform upgrades
- Administrating Linux systems on physical & virtual platforms: SAN storage, software patching & configuration of backup & monitoring agents.
- Strong experience with the following technologies:
- Scripting: Bash, PHP or Perl.
- Authentication sub-systems: Active Directory integration (LDAP and Kerberos) & Sudoers
- Software distribution & package management: Foreman/Satellite, creation of custom RPM's & familiarity with automation software such as ANSIBLE or Puppet
- Installation, configuration & management/maintenance of:
- Linux database systems: Ingres and MySQL.
- Linux applications: File Server (NFS), Print server (CUPS), Authentication Server (RADIUS), Web Server (Apache), centralised SYSLOG, Source code control (Git)
- Excellent Stakeholder as well as written & verbal communication skills; and ability to mentor junior staff
- Ability to create & maintain documentation with attention to detail: detailed design documents, installation guides & procedure manuals.
Highly desirable abilities include:
- Configuring MS Windows based SSH clients
- Administering multi-factor authentication systems.
- Interest in Cloud technologies to assist with the development of a cloud migration strategy
Application Eligibility: This role is in a sensitive Federal Government environment & applicants must be Australian Citizens & hold a Government (AGSVA) Negative Level 1 (NV1) Security Clearance.
Contract Duration: contract to June 2022 with up to 24 months extension / Location: Canberra CBD
For more information contact the client manager Erin or speak with one of our consultants on 0262010100.