Network Engineer - Oversee a number of critical network projects, incl. video conferencing, IPTV, Internet radio and network infrastructure.
Contract: 6 Months with 6 months extension
Location: Canberra ACT
About the Role:
We are seeking a Network Engineer with a strong understanding of network infrastructure and hardware (3-5 yrs exp).
You will be a key member of a small team responsible for overseeing a number of critical network projects
You will also be utilising your IT and engineering skills to undertake routine hardware, software and network maintenance, and contribute to the performance of the team by developing and documenting common procedures.
What you will need for success:
- Strong understanding of switches, routers and firewall hardware with experience configuring VLANs and patching cables within Comms cabinets.
- Strong ability to troubleshoot networking and connectivity issues.
- Ability to create and maintain technical documentation - migration plans, technical manuals and procedures
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting large display screens, video conferencing equipment and IPTV systems.
- Excellent communication and team collaboration
- Configuring, managing and troubleshooting WiFi networks
- Familiar with portable devices such as iPads and tablets
- Experience working in an IT security conscience environment
Eligibility: This role is in a Federal Government environment and Applicants must be Australian Citizens with an AGSVA NV1 security clearance.
For more information: Please contact GMT People on 02 62010100 and speak with our Senior Client Manager, Erin, or with one of our team members