Location of Work:
- Australian Capital Territory
Length of contract:
- Until 30 June 2020+ 12 month extension option
About the Role:
Our client is a government department seeking a Project Controller to present the PMO with ICT milestone and critical path dependencies using best practice project controls to support broader program integration.
You will interface with stakeholders to identify delivery milestones, dependencies, roles and responsibilities and timelines for project objectives.
What your day will look like:
- Assess impacts to the critical path and near-critical activities, assign ownership and report progress.
- Develop an overarching delivery schedule and provide progress reporting.
- Assist Scrum Masters and PMs to develop robust and achievable project increments
- Analyse and evaluate agile processes to ensure teams implement effective controls to reduce unknown risk, assumption and dependence during delivery.
- Administration of the 'Delivery Controls - Community of Practice'.
- Evaluate effectiveness of project management tools, processes and methodologies, make recommendations for continuous improvement.
What you will need for success:
- 3 - 5 years relevant experience, preferably for programs.
- Detail-oriented leader who can consistently meet deadlines and possess the ability to work independently as needed.
- Experience developing timelines and dependencies using strong analytical / problem-solving skills.
- Ability to demonstrate the ability to work with a diverse work group of vendors, executive managers, subcontractors, consultants and other professionals.
- Proficient user of Microsoft project tools (Teams, Project, Word, Excel). Experience in the use of Azure DevOps is an advantage.
- Experience with Waterfall and Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).
- Candidates must be Australian citizens due to security requirements.