About the Role:
Our Govt. Client is delivering an award-winning multi-year initiative to modernise their core business systems. They require a Project Support Officer to play an important role in the Patents Modernisation Initiative which is at the forefront of digital transformation.
They require a highly-organised dynamic professional seeking experience in a fast paced IT agile delivery environment. You will work across multiple IT enabled projects, supporting Delivery Managers in administering agile governance to optimise delivery of new digital capabilities for business users. You will be highly motivated with a strong work ethic and able to work effectively across multi-discipline teams.
What your day will look like:
- Support Delivery Managers delivering IT-enabled projects within scope, time, cost, and quality constraints.
- Support project planning activities - scheduling, risk, issue & benefits management
- Draft & maintain project documentation, registers & project status reports
- Administer project documentation repositories (Objective, JIRA, Confluence)
- Identify and resolve administrative issues blocking project progress
- Organise project meetings, prepare agendas, minutes and briefing papers,
- Administer recruitment activities - drafting procurement minutes, facilitating onboarding & departure processes
- Support the roll out of new capability and features to end users (access requests, communications, training materials, etc)
Skills / Experience you'll need:
- Multiple years working in IT-enabled projects providing project support services
- Highly skilled in written and verbal communication,
- including writing project documentation and presenting reports
- Proven ability to proactively identify, problem solve and address issues impacting project progress
- Highly desirable - Project management education or certification (Agile Practitioner, Certified Scrum Master, PRINCE2, etc)
- Eligibility: This role is open to Australian citizens only - no security clearance required.
- Duration: Start this 12 Months contract 4 January 2022; with 24 months extension option
- Location: Canberra
For more information contact our client manager Erin 0262010106 or speak with one of our Consultants on 0262010100.