The Digital Aerodrome Services (DAS) program is exploring the use of advanced digital camera technology in the provision of aerodrome tower services across Australia, initially to provide a contingency solution for Sydney with applications at other sites such as Canberra and Ballina.
For our aviation sector Client, this means the potential to: Deploy a tower contingency capability quickly; Respond quickly to emerging services in the industry; Support our staff across sites; and Sustain, maintain and replace ageing infrastructure more efficiently (i.e. Control Towers and associated supporting systems).
The Project Technical Lead (PTL) is a key role within the Program. The role will provide technical leadership and system engineering oversight to ensure the technical capability meets the required standard of a tower service.
You will be responsible for the technical readiness of the DAS system. This includes but is not limited to:
- Single Point of Contact (SPOC) regarding the Program's engineering and technical matters
- Engineering & technical liaison between CTEO, the DAS program & supplier(s) associated
- Managing the Program's conduct of engineering review gates
- Managing Client & other SMEs engagement to support the Program
- Act as the Client's technical representative during Program related testing
- Oversee the Program's site installation, set-to-work, test and verification activities
- Manage the technology change process
- Identify, manage and track risks associated to the program of work
- Act as a trusted technology advisor; provide technical leadership/guidance, including in safety and security
- Perform systems engineering & project tasks in accordance with safety & system management policies/ guidelines
Qualifications and Experience:
- A degree in Engineering or Information Technology from an Australian tertiary institution or certified equivalent qualification (for overseas qualifications)
- A sound understanding/experience applying Systems Engineering practices throughout the SDLC & system management processes.
- Extensive experience in the design, development, testing & implementation of robust & reliable software systems,
- including quality assurance and configuration management.
- Experience in stakeholder and vendor management
- Strong documentation skills in preparing & reviewing solution architecture & system design documents
- Experience in designing, maintaining &supporting air traffic management systems, in particular:
- N-tier architectures and distributed systems
- Real-time systems
- Message handling
- Internet technologies.
- Satisfy the eligibility requirements for registration as a Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) with Engineers Australia.
- Experience/understanding 'Information Security Manual (ISM)'; adhering & applying ISM principles & controls
- Understanding of DO-278A guidelines, software assurance levels & relevant processes & artefacts
Security Clearance: To be eligible to apply, you must be an Australian citizen eligible for a Government Security Clearance.
Employment type/Locations: Permanent Fixed Term 3 Years position in either Brisbane. Melbourne or Canberra.
Apply now. For further information call Iain 0262010108 or one of our Consultants on 02 62010100 or 0386139999