- Location Options: Canberra or Melbourne
- Contract: 6 months with 6 months extension option
- Eligibility: Applicants must be Australian Citizens with the ability to obtain an AGSVA Baseline clearance.
The Senior Business Analyst works as part of a Project team for different projects under a Claims Management Improvement Program of work, mainly involving in a new claims management system, leading work to define business requirements, identifying business impacts (people, process and systems) and provide support to identify and develop strategies and plans so that new business processes achieve the desired benefits.
This role works across the team and the group to gather, document and consult on new claims management system requirements and then embed requirements into new system development planning.
The Senior Business Analyst will be part of a team that:
- Engages with Project team and related process owners to determine their requirements for a new claims management system, gathering business requirements, create process maps, deliver documentation including user interface requirements, user stories/journeys, policies, procedures and artefacts to assist in understanding the future state requirements and communication material as appropriate
- Working with multiple business areas to develop new simplified business processes and workflows.
- Design and conduct workshops with multiple business areas ranging from call centre staff to GM
- Elicit and document detailed business requirements and convert them into functional and non-functional requirements.
- Elicit requirements using a range of methods including interviews, systems analysis, document analysis and user-centric design sprints/ workshops.
- Facilitates reviews and approvals needed to get initiatives started, coordinates the delivery of initiatives within the Project team and provides updates and reports to the Project team on initiatives
- Collaborate with test teams to clarify acceptance criteria and participate in testing activities as required
- Contribute to identification, reporting and mitigation of risks
- Document requirements and prepare quality business analysis deliverables and artefacts that are fit for purpose
To be successful, you will have:
- Ability to map current business processes and design new business processes with the objective of simplification
- Experience in business process re-design and process management
- Ability to manage complex tasks and anticipate/escalate risks and issues
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills with the ability to negotiate effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders to facilitate outcomes
- Demonstrated analytical skills particularly in relation to systems and data
- Working knowledge of claims management and supporting systems, or the ability to quickly acquire it
- Excellent coordination and organisational skills and ability to drive business improvements
- Experience working in an insurance or financial industry
- Experience in delivering work associated to the establishment of a new claims system or improvements to corporate services.
- Experience in Lean Six Sigma process design
For further information please call our client manager Iain Cameron 0262010108 or one of our Consultants on 0262010100 / 0386139999