Our client is an exciting start-up that helps people and organisations make sense of our 3D world, seeking the following Senior Software Engineers roles (for permanent positions):
- Front End - You'll work closely with the rest of the team to build our web based front-end UI, targeting desktop web, desktop electron, mobile, and offline-compatible PWA. We currently use https://quasar.dev, Vue.js, and TypeScript.
- Automation - You'll bring your expertise to the team to influence our product and deployment architecture to be scalable and optimised to run both in the cloud and on-premises; Build and product packaging targeting Docker, Windows Electron based app, VR desktop application, and possibly a ready-to-deploy Linux based image with our server software;
- 3D - You have extensive experience writing high performance 3D rendering code, WebGL preferred.
They work with research organisations to develop 3D mapping software for government, military, and industry use. Their focus is on software, but occasionally they extend to integrating with various hardware sensors and robotics systems.
What's on offer & how they work:
- Big on Continuous Delivery and Automation. This enables them to integrate feedback quickly, while keeping a stable and reliable system.
- Work remotely, focusing on outcomes, not the clock.
- Offer a unique opportunity to work closely with government departments and Defence to build cutting edge tech.
Encourage everyone to develop cross-functional "T-Shaped" skills (that is, wide breadth with deep expertise in at least one specific area).
- Run on Microsoft Azure, and enable their customers to run on premises, or where they choose.
Love Linux and Windows!
- A pragmatic team, continuously improving based on empirical evidence.
- Value, open, honest, respectful communication, and that to err is human.
- Setting up an Employee Share Option Plan so you can help build and share in their success.
- Flexible Work from Home. Work Office locations include Melbourne, Canberra and Brisbane
The ideal candidates:
- Experience in Azure DevOps (boards, git repos), docker, etc.
- A pragmatic understanding of Agile / Scrum practices, backlog management (ideally experience with Azure DevOps), pair programming, demos, retrospectives, etc. We work in one-week sprints.
- You enjoy being responsible for the entire code lifecycle from IDE to production.
You're comfortable with occasional services and consulting development work.
- Microsoft Word isn't completely foreign to you, and you can throw together a client-comprehensible report with pretty pictures when required.
- You're familiar with cloud-based software architectures (e.g. PaaS services in Azure).
Eligibility: This position is only available for Australian citizens living in Australia. As part of our hiring process, you will be required to undertake a police check and must be open to applying for an AGSVA Security Clearance.
Apply Now: For more information please contact GMT People on 0262010100 and speak with our Client Manager Erin or with one of our dedicated consultants.