SQL Backend Developer - Develop and enhance analytics platform infrastructure, and transform complex data into effective visualisations (SAS, Tableau).
Contract 12 months with up to 12 months extension
Location: Sydney NSW
About the Role:
Our client is a government agency seeking an SQL Backend Developer with a flair for transforming complex data into effective visualisations (using SAS, Tableau etc).
You will also:
- Produce efficient, high-quality code/solutions for tasks assigned by the development lead.
- Contribute to the design development specifications to inform the creation of consumption layer materials.
- Provide input to ensure updated Information Model is available and understood by relevant stakeholders.
What you need for success:
- Strong SQL Skills with Database agnostic understanding of data landscapes.
- Development, implementation and optimization of stored procedures and functions using T-SQL.
- Strong Visual Analytics skills (SAS VA, tableau or similar), with the ability to transform complex data into effective visualisations.
- Knowledge of CI/CD Practices, Project tracking software (Eg. JIRA) and version control (GIT, Bitbucket).
- Familiarity with Hana/Postgres/Workload Automation Tool/Rest will be well regarded.
- Team player with a sense of ownership and pride in delivering high quality solutions.
- Teradata, Teradata GCFR/TCF Framework, Teradata UDI studio
- Control-M scheduler/UC4
- Atlassian suite (on-prem): JIRA, Bamboo, Bitbucket, Confluence, Crucible, Fisheye
- Frameworks: Django, React, Selenium, NodeJS
Location: Sydney | Contract period: 12 months with 12 months extension
Eligibility: This role is open to all with the right to work in Australia. Permanent residents are encouraged to apply.
Further Information: Please contact GMT People on 02 62010100 and speak with our Senior Client Manager, Priyanka, or with one of our team members