Our client is a prestigious University in Australia and currently seeking an experienced Systems Administrator for the Science and Research area.
You will be responsible for providing operational support and expert advice in relation to specialised computing systems used in scientific research and teaching. The systems include computers connected to lab equipment, a large Linux desktop fleet, various application servers and other hosted platforms.
What your day will look like:
- Plan, design, deliver and maintain desktop, server and instrument-based systems (Windows. MacOS, Linux)
- Provide expert advice on purchasing of specialist equipment and software packages.
- Provide ongoing support and maintenance.
- Provide support to Software Developers to deliver software applications.
- Support, maintain and continuously improve existing systems and services and ensure IT Security.
- Identify, troubleshoot and resolve problems on all supported platforms.
- Develop and maintain detailed technical documentation.
- Tertiary qualification in Information Technology or related discipline
- Strong experience to perform system analysis and recommend solutions.
- Excellent knowledge of, and experience with, deploying and administering different Operating Systems - in particular Linux
- Scripting skills in Python, PHP, Ruby or Bash.
- Exp with identity and configuration management (like Puppet).
- Exp with virtualisation technologies and
- High Performance Computing services (desirable)
Apply Now/Contact Us:
We look forward to your application. Should you need any further information please contact the Senior Client Manager Erin on 02 62010100 or speak with a GMT People team member on 03 86139999.