- Eligibility: To be eligible to apply, you can be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Employment type: Permanent Fixed Term 2 Years position
- Locations: Brisbane or Melbourne.
The Project Technical Lead is a key role within the Program. The role provides technical leadership and system engineering oversight to ensure that the Client's requirements are defined and met.
To achieve this the Project Technical Lead will work in a Program Team led by a Program Manager with several projects with associated Project Managers established to deliver different interface groups.
As the Project Technical Lead, you will be responsible for the technical readiness of all operational systems used for the provision and support of Air Navigation Services and/or Aviation Rescue Fire Fighting Services. This includes:
- Single Point of Contact (SPOC) regarding the Program's engineering and technical matters
- Orchestrate any required engineering and technical liaison between programs, others parts of the Client and suppliers
- Managing the Program's conduct of engineering review gates, including arranging 3rd party participation as required
- Managing Client & other SMEs engagement to support the Program
- Act as the Client's technical representative during Program related testing and Acceptance of test outcomes
- Oversee the Program's site installation, set-to-work, test and verification activities
- Manage the technology change process, ensuring effective configuration management and change control is put in place
- Act as a trusted technology advisor; provide technical leadership/guidance, including in safety and security
- Perform systems engineering & project tasks in accordance with safety & system management policies/ guidelines
Qualifications and Experience:
- A degree in Engineering or Information Technology from an Australian tertiary institution or certified equivalent qualification (for overseas qualifications)
- Queensland applicants are required to hold Registration as a Professional Engineer in relevant area of engineering in accordance with relevant legislation e.g. Professional Engineer Queensland (RPEQ)
- Victorian applicants are required to hold registration as a Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) with Engineers Australia or equivalent
- Exceptional communication skills to liaise with a variety of Senior Management, Engineers, Project Managers and Technical Support personnel across Australia
- A sound understanding/experience applying Systems Engineering practices throughout the SDLC & system management processes.
Experience in stakeholder and vendor management
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership of tasks and work as a senior member of a dynamic team, including ability to work under limited direction to achieve positive outcomes
- Strong documentation skills with experience in preparing and reviewing solution architecture documents and system design documents, including alignment to strategies and existing initiatives
Experience in designing, maintaining & supporting air traffic management systems, in particular:
- N-tier architectures and distributed systems
- Real-time systems
- Message handling
- Internet technologies.
- Experience/understanding 'Information Security Manual (ISM)'; adhering & applying ISM principles & controls
- Understanding of DO-278A guidelines, software assurance levels & relevant processes & artefacts
Apply now. For further information call Iain 0262010108 or one of our Consultants on 02 62010100 or 0386139999